About the event
The BAME in Education Conference will take place on Thursday 13th June 2019 in central London.
According to the Department for Education, BAME individuals are significantly underrepresented across the education sector, from primary and secondary school to colleges and universities. In 2016, only 7% of headteachers in primary schools and 9% in secondary schools were from an Ethnic Minority background. While this has increased by 2% since 2010, more needs to be done to correct this overwhelming imbalance.
The BAME in Education conference seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to process their careers. This unique conference explores the role of BAME individuals in education and offers practical advice and coaching on how to develop your career and leadership capabilities in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recruiting, recognising and rewarding BAME leaders in Education.
Date and Location:
Thursday 13th June 2019 | Central London
To register please click here.
- Explore ways to raise the visibility of BAME people in education
- Examine the barriers currently facing BAME leaders (and future leaders) in education and hear how to overcome them
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing BAME people in education today
- Understand when and how ethnicity plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful BAME individuals negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Create a lasting network of BAME leaders across the sector who are effecting change in education
Who should attend?
BAME in Education is aimed at all those who aspire to increase BAME representation across education, as well as those looking to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all BAME people across the education sector.
- Emran Mian, Director General, Higher & Further Education, Department for Education
- Allana Gay, Co-Founder BAMEed & Headteacher, Vita et Pax Preparatory School
- Hema Tank, Associate Dean, The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Sufian Sadiq, Head of Teaching School, Chiltern Teaching School Alliance
- Kellie Brown, Teacher Educator, Teach First and former Assistant Principal
- Alicia Pennant, Assistant Head Teacher, TCES & East London Independent School
- Mohammed Abdel-Haq, Director of the Centre for Islamic Finance University, University of Bolton
- Soneni Rae, Senior Strategic Communications & Marketing Manager, Department for Education
- Anita Devi, Education Consultant & Co-founder #Inspire4ed
Registrations for the BAME in Education conference can be made here
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)